Monday, September 17, 2007

Director Of Photography: Cure by the Shore Open

Scott and I had been on the road together for about a month of two when he pitched me the idea of the old projectionist for the open of “QVC/EFI’s Cure by the Shore” a charity program benefiting Women’s Breast and Ovarian Cancer. We basically had zero money for a budget but Scott said the magic words to me, “Let’s shoot it on film.” We both agreed and went to work. I secured film, processing and transfer of less than $500 and Scott secured a location, actors, and camera of roughly $1,200. Shot on Super 16mm on Scott’s Éclair NPR. This was one on the first film shoot for me and it was Scott’s faith and reassurance that gave me the confidence to do this. As a side note: About three months later we would begin filming his documentary, “The Final Touch” in Denver, CO an adventure that would last roughly two years.
Thanks, Cowboy.

No comments: